SixtyOne Celsius (61C) is an award-winning boutique communications firm headquartered in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Founded in 1988, we provide advertising, marketing, and public relations services to small and mid-sized businesses, non-profits, government agencies and political campaigns.
Our tight-knit team of full-stack creatives tackles a variety of projects including (but not limited to) web design and hosting, video production, digital advertising and marketing, graphic design, media coordination, copywriting, and strategic planning. Clients at 61C represent a wide range of industries including but not limited to banking, education, politics, travel & tourism, dining, healthcare, law, events, business services, and more.
61C offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, holidays, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for web design, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work on client-facing projects while also supporting in-house initiatives. You will work alongside the creative director, art director, and copywriter to design impactful digital products for small to mid-sized businesses. Our clients span a wide range of industries, making this position perfect for individuals interested in engaging with a variety of businesses, organizations, and causes.
The right candidate will bring experience in web design and a desire to continue developing their skills.
The following tasks will constitute the majority of daily tasks for the position:
- Assist with design for websites and eCommerce sites
- Brainstorm possible digital marketing integrations for web clients such as automated email marketing, lead generation, and social media
- Practice strong configuration management and version control
- Quickly learn and implement new technologies and software patterns.
- Interact with clients during professional services engagements and client meetings.
• Debug & troubleshoot code-related issues/defects
• Using feedback to identify and correct problems with a client's website.
• Perform routine site audits, as well as ongoing maintenance, on an as-needed basis.
• Provide continued support for one or more web properties.
If you have most of the requirements, interest in working with clients across a wide range of industries, and the ability to work well under pressure, we encourage you to apply. Aspiration, adaptability, and attitude are also considerations.
- One of the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in Web Design and Development, Digital Technology & Design, OR
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication, Advertising, or Marketing with at least 2 years working experience with web design OR
- 3-5 years working as a web designer
- Experience developing websites on WordPress and coding languages such as HTML, CSS, PHP
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software, particularly Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
- Knowledge of front-end development frameworks
- Solid understanding of responsive web design and development principles.
- Goal-orientated, analytical, and deadline-driven.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Flexible to challenges and responsive to feedback
These abilities are not requirements but are highly desirable.
- Experience implementing SEO best practices including:
- Installing Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels, etc
- Navigating Google Search Console
- Updating Google My Business Pages
- Experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring Google Ad Campaigns
- Knowledge of MySQL database management & maintenance
- Experience with additional coding language including JQuery and JSON
- Up-to-date ability to use additional Adobe Creative Cloud software for tasks related to video editing, animation, copywriting, photo editing, etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range $37,500 - $45,000
Position Type Full-Time, In-Office
Insurance Life, Health, Dental, Vision – 50% employer match
Retirement 401K Plan with Employer Contribution
Vacation Holidays + 2 Weeks Paid Time Off
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Application Form (below)
- Portfolio containing:
- Links to 3-5 live websites in which the candidate was the primary designer and developer
- Brief overview (1-2 paragraphs) for each website describing the project process, client needs, and outcomes.
We will confirm receipt of materials and schedule follow-up interviews with qualified candidates. We anticipate a series of three interview stages:
- Phone Screen (30 minutes)
- Technical Screen (45-60 minutes)
- Team Interview (30-45 minutes)